Tyden Brooks is the market leader in the consumable track and trace industry, providing tamper evident seals, tapes, and other products that ensure compliance, protection, and traceability in the supply chain. Corporations within key industry segments including transportation, chemicals, food and beverage, consumer products, electronics, money transfer, and utilities rely on TydenBrooks’ products on a daily basis as part of their security and asset protection plans.
- Security seal use is driven by government regulations, industry mandates and corporate best practices. Regulations such as C-TPAT for U.S. import and international shipments, SAFE for cargo transport standards set in the EU, and food safety initiatives such as the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), have all made the practice of sealing goods standard operating procedure and are stable demand drivers of security seal products.
- TydenBrooks’ ability to partner and innovate with customers allows it to expand use cases past typical freight and transport applications into other markets and specialty use cases.
- Newer and non-transportation applications such as sealing airline food carts, cable TV connection points, cash deposit bags, and applying indicative seals to healthcare supplies continue to develop and present growth opportunities.
- TydenBrooks’ utility product segment supplies products deployed across the electric utility grid, securing meters, transformers and other distribution points. While the utilities business benefits from regular, stable repair / replacement / inspection of meters, a combination of smart grid upgrades and penetration of fiber to the home and solar deployments also spurs the need for the Company’s products and future growth.
TydenBrooks is highly rated by customers. As the largest producer of security and utility products in the U.S. and with its global footprint, the Company has the widest product line, deepest manufacturing capabilities, and highest service levels in the industry which allows it to partner with large, diverse companies to meet their security needs.
Telesis is a leading manufacturer of direct part marking machines, deployed by manufacturers across all major industries for track and trace applications. The Company has a broad portfolio including two of the primary permanent marking technologies: mechanical (dot peen) and laser.
Manufacturers across industries including automotive, aerospace & defense, industrial equipment, medical (devices and pharma), and consumer packaged goods use marking equipment to identify and trace products throughout their supply chains and post-delivery. Permanent marking allows companies to build an audit trail across their complex supply chains and be proactive about managing efficiency, liability, and quality.
- Key drivers for permanent part / product marking are operational (supply chain optimization), regulatory (safety, quality control), and authentication-related (fraud prevention, warranty control).
- Most end markets include a regulatory requirement for traceability as well as industry and corporate best practices governing the information to be captured in the part / product mark. Liability concerns (recalls, counterfeit part threat, consumer safety) and emerging regulation (FDA unique identification requirements for all devices) are driving an increase in the number of parts marked.
As analytics have grown more complex, trends in marking include more parts being marked, individual parts being marked more frequently and more data content per mark (1D to 2D marks).
- Marking technologies include laser, mechanical (dot peen), and inkjet.
- Laser is the most versatile, precise, and operationally flexible marking technology. It has wide applicability across substrates and can mark high density data at high speeds.
- Dot peen is the core technology for hard substrates (mostly metal) in industrial settings, with low cost, high reliability, and mark permanence.
- Inkjet is the legacy technology in soft substrates, especially CPG. Industry sources estimate the inkjet marking equipment market as a multi-billion dollar sector. Part of the sector is migrating to lasers as it can be more cost-efficient over equipment lifetime, especially for centralized manufacturers with high speed lines and a need for marking flexibility on different batches.
- Telesis has developed competence in machine readable codes through our vision system that reads the code or text right after marking. Our unique vision system gives manufacturers confidence that the code can be read at multiple stages during the manufacturing process.
Telesis is highly rated by customers, especially in durability, reputation, and design / integration. The Company is recognized for its ability to customize its products to meet each customer’s unique need, its ease of integration and use, as well as reliability, aligned with the key selection criteria.